In the coming weeks, we’ll be announcing our 2018 OSHA and MSHA webinars. In the meantime, in case you missed it or want a refresher, we’ll be posting on-demand links to view our most recent webinars. First up: “OSHA 101 – How to Handle an OSHA Inspection.”
Nearly every private employer could find an OSHA inspector on its doorstep one day, ready to open an inspection for health and safety violations. The results can be citations with significant financial penalties, costly changes to operations, negative publicity, and challenging community and employee relations. How can you minimize these risks?
Click here to view the on-demand recording of this popular webinar.
During the webinar, Husch Blackwell attorneys Amy Wachs and Avi Meyerstein will arm you with the strategies you need to confidently navigate these difficult situations. We’ll explain how OSHA decides which facilities to inspect, how to walk through the inspection like a pro, and what to do if you receive a citation.
- OSHA’s authority and priorities
- What triggers an inspection?
- The inspection process – opening to closing conferences and everything in between
- Employer goals and rights
- Strategies for accompanying OSHA during inspections
- How to handle tough questions
- Responding to document and interview requests
- Recordkeeping tips
- Key facts about citations and penalties
- Preview of upcoming sessions